Emotion AI means programming machines to think about emotional aspects like a human does before taking decision. Whenever we think of emotional AI, we think about humanoid robots like a lifelike ‘receptionist’ at a hotel. It is also helpful in personal devices such as robot assistants. It is predicted that by 2022, 10% of personal devices will have emotion AI capabilities. However, this is just one of the uses of emotion AI technology.
Emotion AI can be used in diverse set of industries and help organizations to provide better customer experience and reduce cost:
- Video Gaming: Video games will be able to detect the emotional reactions of the players through their facial expressions and adapt to it.
- Medical Diagnosis: AI can also analyse the voice to detect diseases such as depression and dementia.
- Education: The software can adapt to children's emotions and can help autistic children recognize other people’s emotions.
- Employee Safety: it can also analyse the stress and anxiety levels of employees and organizations can change their policy to accommodate for the health of their employees.
- Patient Care: A humanoid like nurse can interact with patients, monitor their health and provide them with medicines on time. This can be especially useful for patients who need long term care.
- Car Safety: Cars can employ computer vision technology to monitor the driver’s emotional state. For example, It can alert the driver if the software detects drowsiness.
- Autonomous Car: They will come with sensors which can monitor the happenings inside the car as well as view the driving experience of people.
- Fraud Detection: Insurance companies can use voice analysis to detect if a customer is telling the truth about the information asked by the company to gain more insurance coverage.
- Recruiting: Voice analysis can also be used during job interviews to understand the credibility of a candidate.
- Call Centre Intelligent Routing: Emotion AI can alert the agent if it finds that the customer is losing patience and can make changes in the conversation accordingly.
- Connected Home: Virtual Personal Assistants can recognize the mood of the person interacting and respond accordingly.
- Public Service: Governments can use the technology to understand the emotional state and well being of the people in public places.
- Retail: Retailers can use to understand the reactions of their store visitors.
However, there are barriers to emotion AI such as customers feeling uncomfortable reacting with such a machine.