This important client facing role requires strong understanding of digital communications, insight into changing consumer behaviors and the constant ability to identify future key technology trends will be key. Any candidate for this role must have the qualities to be able to work within integrated multi-disciplined teams and interpret digital project briefs on behalf of clients who can vary considerably in terms of their knowledge, understanding and experience.
In addition it would be an advantage if the successful candidate has expertise in Digital Media planning.
Who you’ll work with:
Whilst the role will typically require helping our clients and prospects understand how we will fulfill their business objectives through digital channels, any successful candidate must demonstrate strong level of expertise in the understanding of delivering multi-platform design and build internet projects as well as having an excellent holistic understanding of digital marketing including social media.
A key part of the role will also be to ensure that the wider team has a continued understanding not only of the business's current digital capabilities but also to inform the wider business of key future digital trends that will impact on our clients work tomorrow and beyond.
Role Definition & KRA’s:
1. Client Service
2. Business Development
- Serve as the primary or senior contact for clients
- Create research-driven, creative communications programs that meet or exceed client objectives
- Strategize and lead implementation of national programs
- Develop and oversee account teams’ performance, ensuring quality work is done, efficient processes are in place, and client requests are handled in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate practical and advanced understanding of visual communications, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these channels into client programs
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to develop and evaluate client programs People Engagement
- Provide ongoing, constructive feedback to staff, consistently hold them accountable, and address under-performance in a timely manner
- Mentor, coach and support all team members, and ensure you and your staff are constantly developing abilities through on-the-job training
- Help attract new talent and work to build a team with diverse views and backgrounds.
3. Financial Planning and Management
- To develop a cohesive strategy that can be used to identify relevant and compelling solutions for clients including the ability to develop new business opportunities
- To represent the digital business' internally and externally
- Seek out, coordinate and facilitate cross-practice and cross-geographical teams to provide clients and prospects with the most compelling work
Skills & Experience Required for the Job:
- Understand core financial constructs including revenue, profitability, pricing structures, utilization, realization, budgeting and forecasting
- Proactively plan and maintain team structures to ensure reasonable workloads, optimized profitability, accommodation to project and budget changes, and to avoid over servicing
- The Digital Manager must have at least four to six years of relevant experience in social media strategies, communities and consumer engagement. Strong understanding of digital communications, insight into changing consumer behaviors and the constant ability to identify future key technology trends
- You are innovative, challenge status quo and are looking for ways to improve things
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and being part of complex strategy discussions.
- You communicate, influence across boundaries and levels.
- You are self-motivated and excited about your role in our journey
- You are self-aware, demonstrate integrity and most importantly enjoy what you do.