As a company our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As an employer, we empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and be one who empowers billions!
- Reach - Microsoft’s resources and scale empowers employees to utilize their skills for lasting impact.
- Freedom -Microsoft values each individual’s talent and skillset and provides the freedom to explore and enhance them.
- Inspiration - Inspiration can be found through our products and how they can improve our customers’ lives.
We are looking for a seasoned digital marketing lead to join the Central Marketing Organization (CMO).
The Central Marketing Organization (CMO) leads Integrated Marketing excellence for the Area. With a broad view of the business, CMO focuses on acquiring new customers, driving usage and consumption of Microsoft’s Cloud Services, and delivering fans and advocates across segments and channels. The CMO partners with Redmond headquarters to ensure a connected customer experience in alignment with global strategies and local business needs. With marketing excellence and deep discipline expertise in Digital and Experiential Marketing and Analytics, the CMO supports commercial and consumer businesses and solution areas. CMO uses global content and assets, focuses local marketing investments in alignment with customer buying scenarios, and leverages Global Demand Centers (GDC) and Global Engagement Programs (GEPs) for positive customer experiences.
This position contributes to Microsoft’s success and inspiring your Area marketing team to make Microsoft one of the most engaging, thoughtful and innovative brands in digital marketing. The digital marketing director is a leader versed in the consumer and commercial businesses to help Microsoft grow our digital engagement for this specific geographic area. This leader has extensive knowledge of web, social, and digital event platforms along with how channels can work together to create best-in-class experiences that drive greater customer engagement. This role's success and experience helping teams take a customer-minded approach to digital engagement programs.
This leader will set goals for digital marketing and develop organizational capability based on business priorities and customer needs. Leads overall development, oversight and approval of local digital marketing plans, with an emphasis on setting strategic goals and defining key tactical frameworks.
Besides working with your Area leadership team, your professional partnership and network extends to Microsoft’s headquarters digital marketing leaders to amplify the impact of global content investments. You lead your Area to smartly maximize precious marketing investments by using global content and services to deliver a consistent customer experience.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and rapid adopter of leading practices from A14 peers, and a courageous leader skilled in both managing a team to execute on global strategy and champion effective marketing integration and marketing operations to drive positive business outcomes. You must enjoy ongoing challenges in our multifaceted, highly matrixed organization and the industry that requires a combination of Modern Marketing Profile, Digital Marketing leadership and global programs adoption in your Area for the greater cause—all coming together to deliver the customer experience.Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage digital strategy for the Area with special focus on targeting commercial and consumer customers, to maximize reach and engagement with low CAC and partner with the GDC and other colleagues in Redmond to deliver Modern Marketing transformation across the Area and with key agencies and vendors. Primary owner of the vendor relationship with media agency network.
- Develop and manage digital event strategy for that align across product and services - including process, systems and tools to optimize the customer and partner event experience - supporting demand generation strategies to produce highly qualified leads for our sales organization (MAQLs). Drive consistent adoption and usage of the Global Events Platform (Certain, On24, InExpo) for all digital (Webinars and Virtual) events. Manages event vendor resources to execute and deliver on the event strategy.
- Manage effective local site operations and build relationships with corporate teams managing sites to place local content. Manage site development for limited number of unique local sites for events and other local initiatives, maintaining compliance to MSCOM and Accessibility standards.
- Define and develop proof of concepts to test innovative digital programs that can scale and building upon work from the A14.
- Learn and help others learn from controlled experimentation and AB testing to transform digital marketing and paid media into a sharply targeted, high ROI and highly scalable engine.
- Digital strategy experience for a large brand and/or digital agency with a strong track record taking a strategic and deeply customer-minded approach to digital marketing. (10-15 years)
- Strong understanding of current and emerging digital marketing platforms.
- Agency and Vendor Management: Ability to evaluate digital capabilities of agencies and vendors and manage them to obtain optimal results
- Executive presence: Ability to engage with CxO audiences, present to large groups and be a spokesperson for Microsoft
- Organizational Agility, Impact and Influence, Cross Boundary Collaboration and adept at ongoing change management.