Read more at www.linkedin.com
The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 34 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations. In our quest to win the next billion consumers, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.Would you like to be a part of the adventure ?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Professional Products Division for the position of
Head Marketing Matrix. In this team leader role, you will get to define the strategic orientation and build the brand through new launches / pillar products and drive the overall market leadership in India.
You should have minimum 10-13 years of relevant work experience in operational marketing and exposure to digital marketing. The location of the job will be in Mumbai and prior experience in beauty will be advantageous.
- Define and steer the country strategy for the category consistent with the international brand positioning and the country’s priorities to contribute to continued growth for the brand and the consumer relationship.
- Define the strategic orientations and the 3-year marketing plan for the category, monitor the portfolio (new launches, pillar products’ renewal and animation of core catalogue)
- Manage the collection and analysis of consumer and market insights for the category, share findings with the zone to ensure the consistency of new product development with the country’s needs
- Implement new launches and marketing mix strategies (IMC/360/Digital/Retail) and create the right angle of attack locally to build integrated, engaging consumer brand experiences; meet the deadlines
- Mobilise and collaborate with other departments (sales, logistics, education, etc. ) and partner agencies to build broader business strategy
- Monitor the local adaptation of communication materials (imagery, digital, point of sale)
- Make recommendations to management on the category based on one’s expertise of the consumer, market and competitors
- Manage PPP budget and sales forecast for the category
- Effectively prepare clear messages to present to senior management
- Build, develop and manage a strong and talented team, train them and develop their marketing expertise and know-how
Key Success Factors:
- Sensitivity to beauty
- Creative and strong aesthetics inclination
- Strategic orientation and operational excellence
- Analytics and insights skill
- Work as a team player
- Drive alignment, interact effectively, demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovate
- Internal Interactions – Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance and Zone teams
- External Interactions – Advertising, PR and Digital
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
- Travel will be need based