Read more at www.linkedin.com
Join one of the most exciting companies in Silicon Valley that is poised to disrupt the way we live our daily lives. Named CNBC's Top 50 Disruptors and on its way to becoming the brand for the way we learn to get jobs, Udacity is looking for people to join its India team to have a 10X impact on the world. If you love a challenge, can take risks and truly want to make a difference, read on.
At Udacity, our mission is to democratize education. We aim to bring accessible, affordable, engaging, and highly relevant higher education to the world. We believe that education is no longer limited to four years or four walls, it’s a lifelong pursuit. Technology is advancing rapidly, and there is a growing skills gap that Udacity is dedicated to closing through education. To do this, we're rethinking how education is made and delivered by empowering our students to advance themselves personally and professionally, and help them achieve their career goals.
International growth is Udacity’s big bet and high priority within the organization. The international teams across geographies consist of entrepreneurs, engineers, student services, and marketing professionals, all of whom will be stakeholders in our international growth. Working in Udacity India Marketing team, you'll be responsible for driving PR and all marketing communications.
You’ll be responsible for defining the PR & marketing communication strategy for the brand and executing it with the help of our PR agency and internal marketing team. The key goal of this role would be to establish Udacity in the media as the most preferred brand for upskilling in the technology domain. If you have a way of working with the media and are looking for an opportunity to make an impact, we are looking for you.Responsibilities:
- Developing a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Own all the marketing communications across digital and offline media. Work with other stakeholders in the marketing team to ensure that the communication is as per our brand guidelines and marketing objectives.
- Proven 5+ years of working experience in public relations required.
- Track record of designing and executing successful PR campaigns.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.