About the Team
As part of the SEM & Paid Social Team and wider Product Growth Group you will play a significant role in helping improve Canva’s user journey (AARRR metrics).
The SEM team is relatively new, so this role will be key in scaling our existing campaigns as it enters into its next phase of evolution; hitting bigger, more challenging and complex goals. The team works cross-functionally with i18n growth marketers, engineers, designers and product coordinators to exponentially grow Canva’s acquisition and revenue channels.
The role will involve understanding international markets, the various audiences, ad platforms/channels and cultural nuances. You will be responsible for leading i18n SEM, breaking down barriers with a focus on goals. You will play a pivotal role in Canva’s i18n growth.
About the Candidate
Teams at Canva strive to strike a measured balance between getting things done effectively and long term maintainability. We keep things tight, with no big egos, promote a highly data informed approach and welcome self-driven professionals to come and join in on the adventure.
We are looking for people who love digital marketing and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so.
The successful candidate thrives on challenges, is not afraid to try new things, going from experiment to experiment without losing enthusiasm. They also enjoy working with cross-functional teams and launching campaigns in uncharted waters; putting their own stamp on Canva’s international growth.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll Love this Role if You Have:
- Contribute to Canva’s user acquisition and retention strategies through the increase of app sign up conversions
- Happy to conduct data analysis, hypothesise outcomes, develop optimisation strategy and roadmap projects
- Reporting and analysis via various third party tools as well as presentation and validation of findings
- Run, manage and optimise A/B &/or multivariate tests
- Coordinate with many stakeholders at Canva of various backgrounds including engineers, translators, SEO specialists, designers, copywriters etc.
- Involvement with other marketing and growth activities as needed
- Create and communicate weekly reports on the performance of paid channels
- Support various product teams in building the SEM specialty in the organisation
- Understanding users in context of market, platform and demographics
- Have at least 3 years of experience running paid social, ideally in a startup environment
- Have a strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you
- Have the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Have the ability to balance moving fast and depth of analysis. You know what needs to be analysed and what doesn’t
- Have awesome analysis skills: You know how to use GA, but also write SQL, but more than that, you know what questions to ask, what the data says, the limitations of your analysis and decide what to do next
- Have great ability to communicate data into relevant insights. You know how to tell a story, with a beginning and a conclusion from the data
- Are currently based in Bangalore, India