Read more at www.linkedin.com
The Digital Innovation & Strategic Partnerships Associate Manager will help shape the future of Unilever’s shopping experiences. You will work with our sales and marketing teams to investigate, develop and communicate key consumer-driven strategies and initiatives that drive growth for Unilever’s eCommerce and Omni-channel businesses. The role requires strategic thinking, comfort in ambiguous situations, strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels and functions, The role will manage cross functional, multi-channel projects and partnerships that drive the way our customers experience and purchase our brands online. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background in technology product management with experience leading product partnerships and technology integration. In addition, this candidate has a strong customer-centric, marketing point of view, understanding how technology can be applied to the real world of a Unilever shopper’s journey. The ideal candidate will pay strong attention to how new technologies and partnerships can support and maintain long term business growth, and use financial modeling to be able to estimate impact.Who You Are:You’re a born leader:
You will analyze the current and future needs of the business, and assess the existing processes and constraints. In doing so, you will need to ‘rally the troops’ to align behind ideas and overcome barriers.You’re a strategy guru:
You understand shopper trends and journeys, extracting insights from analysis to influence critical business decisions such as technology investments and product strategy.You’re a dot connector:
You will use your understanding of how brand sites, CRM, media, social, search and e-commerce channels work together to develop technical solutions and strategies that optimize consumer behavior, acquisition, search and sales.You’re a changemaker:
Maintaining relationships with leading and emerging technology partners in the eCommerce, digital marketing and retail– you will place a fresh emphasis on how our brands go to market, challenging the status quo.What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Stay on top of technology and FMCG trends to proactively identify new opportunities and partnerships for Unilever to grow and differentiate in the market. Continually benchmark Unilever against FMCG industry leaders.
- Formulate the high-level value prop for proof of concepts and pilots, and frame up the business model to bring the idea concepts to life with the appropriate cross-functional teams (Finance, Sales, Operations)
- Develop world-class new product concepts that solve strategic business challenges and engage consumers
- Lead the development and operational execution of multiple business plans and projects; monitor, report and course correct against milestones and deliverables
- Partner with Finance to build and own financial modeling for potential solutions and partnerships
- Identify needs areas in our end-to-end consumer experience, and quantify opportunities and gaps to resolution
- Own development of new digital innovation and search capabilities (e.g., voice, chatbots, visual search) that drive eCommerce traffic & conversion.
- Bring ideas to life through a combination of written communications, in-person presentations, and business requirement definition.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (e.g. media, shopper marketing, consumer services, etc.) to test new solutions, improve processes, set standards for execution, and develop of playbooks to train and educate the organization.
- Project manage approved pilot opportunities.
- Partner with the Digital Operations Associate and cross functional teams to manage the implementation process of new capabilities and strategies. This includes interfacing with the vendor, diverse agencies, global and local brands, sales, legal, and procurement.
The ideal candidate will have a high-performance background and the strong ability to lead in an entrepreneurial environment. He/she needs to be motivated by empowered decision making with calculated risks. Evidence of critical thinking, learning quickly, and a can-do attitude with an appetite for continuous development is critical. Must be strategic and action-oriented, with digital and e-commerce experience.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Strong knowledge in a variety of workflow processes, such as automation, testing, API integration and analytics/measurement.
- Experience in partnership management: contract negotiation, demand generation, etc.
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning Technologies: (Voice, Automation, Chatbots)
- An understanding of consumer/shopper insights and digital user experience
- Exposure to the entire digital product development cycle from conception to production launches
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/processes at one time.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders from cross fun c tional teams
- Proven communication, organizational, creative, and analytical skills.
- Thrive in a dynamic, evolving space with innovative thinking.
- 5-7 years related experience in digital, eCommerce, IT, insights, and/or media.
- Technical acumen with an ability to understand IT solutions and potential tradeoffs – able to communicate technology concepts to business users
- CPG experience preferred, not required
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint required