Position is responsible for the overall creative strategic direction across affiliate marketing team functions (print, media, online/social, POS, retail, trade shows) along with oversight and development of co-branded, affiliate-specific marketing campaigns. Key collaborator with Account Marketing and Consumer Marketing, taking a lead role in synthesizing affiliate and HBO priorities to develop an overarching DND creative approach and driving that vision across teams. Significant interface with numerous internal departments and external agencies/vendors to identify and set creative strategy for the team in support of subscription and customer engagement objectives. Focus on continuous overarching analysis to ensure all tactics are strategically developed based upon solid understanding of HBO programming/product/brand priorities, account and business needs, research, and other available data-driven sources.
Oversee and maintain strategic relationships with key external and internal stakeholders, including outside creative agencies, D&P, Campaign Production, Account Marketing, POS, Consumer Marketing, Program Strategy & Planning, Market Research and Legal to facilitate the development of creative briefs, integrated marketing campaigns and a complete tactical arsenal that support business needs and priorities.
Position requires a high-level of creativity, accountability, and collaboration, along with the ability to provide clear direction and feedback, and to thrive in an environment of fast-paced change.
- Collaborate with Account Marketing, Campaign Production, and POS to establish yearly planning calendars and ensure appropriate strategic creative direction across all areas of the marketing mix based upon overall objectives.
- Generate creative solutions, support materials and tactics for custom co-branded campaigns that effectively marry HBO/MAX and affiliate priorities.
- Maintain existing and establish new relationships with outside creative agencies to enable continued innovation and originality in creative planning and development.
- Identify and negotiate vendor resources and propose various partnership/spending scenarios (i.e. retainers) as appropriate, and continuously monitor and advise leadership on agency relationships, budget needs, and planning.
- Assist in an ongoing needs assessment and drive creative strategies in the emerging retail space and across affiliate-specific trade shows and events –to increase brand market position, product awareness, consumer engagement and acquisition.
- Partner with cross-functional creative services and Production/Project Management teams to contribute to and support the flawless and timely execution of all campaigns, tactics, and media.
- Maintain fluency with DND overarching account needs and priorities to help represent the department when cross-functional opportunities arise.
- Propose and manage relevant research and creative testing initiatives.
- Continually acquire an understanding of marketing trends, traditional and digital creative and communication/positioning strategies, emerging technologies, and innovative best practices that have the potential to impact team output.
- Work consistently to identify staffing and development opportunities for team members and help grow future leaders.
- 7-10+ years related creative marketing and/or affiliate marketing communications or agency experience required
- Creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prosper in a fast-paced, high-pressure, client-based environment
- High EQ/exceptional interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree required; relevant advanced degree a plus