Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Google’s Mobile Device marketing team oversees everything from mature industry products (e.g. smartphones) to new and emerging categories. Within this team is the Integrated Marketing team whose mission it is to create incredibly creative and engaging content that earns consumers’ attention and then converts them to happy users.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be part of a small and nimble team responsible for driving large-scale, multi-channel, US campaigns that include ATL and digital, events, influencers, partners and more. Our day-to-day is spent collaborating with cross functional team members along with internal and external agency partners and regional teams, all to ensure consumer touch points are integrating and delivering impact.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.Responsibilities:
- Lead large-scale, multi-channel U.S. campaigns that define and build the Mobile Hardware portfolio of brands, distilling consumer insights into content and activations.
- Help support brand and entertainment partnerships (non carrier and retail), assisting with strategy as well as co-marketing playbooks.
- Assist in managing a content calendar, ensuring engagement with our users across multiple touch points and briefing internal teams and agencies on content needs.
- Manage relationships and work streams across key agency partners spanning both creative and media.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across all marketing functions to ensure consistency and product accuracy, as well as interface with teams such as public relations, product, legal and business development to ensure alignment of requirements with the Mobile Hardware product and business roadmap.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience working in brand and integrated marketing.
- Experience with marketing lifestyle and consumer electronics brands, with deep knowledge of campaign development and execution.
- Knowledge of brand and creative development, as well as how to effectively manage agency relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex challenges, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Ability to set goals and work effectively in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to work effectively in teams of varying sizes/cross-functionally, as well as during nebulous creative processes.