A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 8.8 million policies and employ 3,745 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £117 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an SEO Manager to join the Digital team in the Consumer Division based in their London office. The consumer division launched 3 years ago to distribute tailored products direct to consumers and it is now the fastest growing area for the Group.
The main purpose of this role is to own Search Engine Optimisation across the Division, define and deliver the SEO Digital acquisition strategy and work with the wider team on the development and delivery of digital campaigns, ensuring an effective return on investment and the continued maturity of the Digital channel. This role is critical to the overall success of Royal London’s Digital team and Consumer division, and is responsible for ensuring that the Royal London brand is accurately represented online, through influencer outreach and through all owned, earned and paid media.
- Accountable for the implementation and management website SEO Technical, onsite and offsite content requirements.
- Accountable for the development of Content for the purposes of SEO and support the content needs for Consumer division.
- Accountable for driving an Influencer Outreach and high quality link building program.
- Management of all aspects of SEO including but not limited to keyword research, link building, analysis and website auditing from a content and technical perspective.
- Support in producing and optimising content for marketing campaigns for the purposes of customer acquisition, customer experience and brand engagement with prospects and customers through owned, earned and paid media initiative.
- Collaborate in the development of an effective Group wide SEO strategy with the Group Digital team.
- Responsible for ensure best practice and quality measures are in place for all SEO activity to prevent any penalties or blacklisting to domain.
- Responsible for the production pipeline of new content for the purposes of SEO and to ensure any new or existing content potential and use is maximised to gain the optimal benefit/ROI to the business
- Collaborate with channel owners of customer touch points of the content marketing program and feed multi-channel customer insight into the evolution of the SEO strategy.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven track record in delivering SEO strategy and plans (previous experience of within FCA regulation and to TCF outcomes not essential) .
- 3+ years experience of leading SEO programs with a proven track record of delivering strong results within a competitive search landscape.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of consumer search behaviour in the UK across different search channels, devices and use of language appropriate for target audiences.
- Strong knowledge of the best practice technical approach to SEO and experience of delivering technical change with in house developers.
- Strong knowledge and experience of applying robust measurement criteria to track effectiveness of SEO programs and content marketing campaigns, plus understanding of the indirect impact/ opportunities upon other digital activities such as PPC, Display etc.
- Understanding the value and influence of integrated campaigns across owned, earned and paid media.
- Experience of introducing social media engagement and UGC programs and operating models into a D2C business with clearly defined governance and controls.
- Knowledge of UX and usability across desktop, mobile and tablet devices to ensure appropriate content is provided to positively influence audiences.
- Experience of leading projects/campaigns and delivering solutions on schedule on budget.
- Experience of using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Search Metrics, Majestic SEO, Screaming Frog and other relevant to improve SEO KPIs.
- Previous experience of using CMS such as Episerver.