We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Ecommerce Manager to manage the customer journey on HTC and Vive.com sites for Europe, optimising the customer journey and ultimately increasing sales. We are looking for a proven ecommerce manager with 5+ years’ experience, preferably managing sites for consumer electronics/entertainment/mobile.
- To drive ecommerce, website strategy, user experience and other commercial initiatives for HTC and Vive.com across Europe
- To formulate and drive ecommerce and website initiatives – sales programmes, on-site functionality improvements, UX best practice, SEO
- To work with the Digital Marketing Manager and International Site Managers to plan, coordinate and optimise the sites for product launches, promotions, ongoing paid, social, email and affiliate campaigns
- To work with development teams to define and deliver site requirements, enhancements and features
- To implement a structured on-site optimisation and test and learn process including regular A/B and MVT programme.
- To shape and negotiate the UX roadmap with internal stakeholders and wider team
- To produce regular monitoring and reporting of on-site KPIs - and to ensure insights are implemented for continuous improvement.
- To collaborate with the broader team on planning and documenting business requirements with ecommerce dependencies including product, marketing, logistics, forecasting and reporting.
- Monitor and communicate competitor activity and stay on top of market trends
- Excellent knowledge of ecommerce best practice, UX and SEO
- Commercially minded to deliver sales targets and effectively optimise performance
- Solid understanding of digital campaigns – social email, PPC and affiliates
- Solid experience of setting and running A/B and MVT programme, and using MVT tools
- Solid knowledge and experience of HTML
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics
- Sound experience of CMS platforms
- Knowledge of paid and social strategy and channels
- Able to work in a matrix environment, show initiative and forge strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work across Europe on multiple sites
- Fully appraised of GDPR requirements
- Previous experience of managing 3rd party suppliers
- Degree-level educated
- 5+ years ecommerce experience
- Ability to challenge and influence the status quo
- Previous experience of managing sites within consumer electronics/entertainment/mobile industries
- Additional European language would be useful (preferably French, German, Spanish)
- Background or interest in VR and emerging technologies would be an advantage
- Planning & Organising
- Execution & Delivery
- Analysis and Reporting
- Customer Focus
- Creativity and innovation