Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. But don’t take our word for it—read what analysts like BARC and Gartner have to say about us.
Tens of thousands of companies and organizations have chosen Tableau. From the executive suites of Fortune 500 companies to the jungles of Central America, from immunology research labs to high school robotics club meetings, our software can be found anywhere people have data and questions. Additionally, journalists, bloggers, and major media web sites have embraced our free product, Tableau Public, for its ability to help them share data online in the form of interactive visualizations. Check out all of our products at: www.tableau.com/product-tour.
Tableau’s culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
The Senior Director, Marketing Ecommerce will play a critical role on our global marketing team, and a significant contributor for overall revenue and customer experience. This role will be responsible for building digital capabilities delivering a high quality eCommerce experiences for a wide range of customer segments from small business to large enterprises. This role, will partner with business, marketing and technology executive teams to create a high-quality experience that will delight our customers and drive business growth. Success in this role requires excellent leadership and executive communication skills as well as a strong sense of ownership for a high quality customer experience.
- Leadership and management of the Ecommerce team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management.
- Lead all aspects of the eCommerce Platform, including business case, strategic roadmap prioritization, metrics and operations. Drive revenue through new customer growth, support self service capabilities in existing customer expansion through cross sell and upsell and enable autorenewal experiences for existing customers. This includes optimization across all key flows that encompass the eCommerce platform such as Store/Offer Selection/Browse, Search, Registration, Cart/Checkout, Add-on Purchases, Account self-service experience and Auto-Renewal.
- Drive customer experience innovation across all aspects of eCommerce touchpoints including building out A/B testing frameworks, compelling use case experiences that drive conversion and customer retention.
- Represent the business and customer experience in leadership and executive forums, including business reviews of operational metrics or reviews of customer experience.
- Lead initiatives to improve the Customer Experience, such as site speed and performance as well as optimization of core user experience flows.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop product roadmap initiatives that span Marketing, Customer Success, Support, Technology Operations, Customer Service and Analytics.
- Strategic leader. You are inquisitive by nature and pro-active in terms of ideas and innovation is key.
- Educated. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent. MBA or MS preferred.
- Data Master. Experience collecting/interpreting data from a variety of platforms to make strategic business recommendations. Expertise in Excel and Tableau.
- Technical. Be a subject matter expert on eCommerce technologies and platforms including catalog, store, cart/checkout, payments, identify, etc. Knowledge and expertise in User Experience; in particular, prior experience leading the UX for key areas of the eCommerce experience.
- Experienced. 10-15+ years of product management or marketing experience in consumer web or mobile applications and/or eCommerce sites. Prior experience leading eCommerce platform transformations using a combination of third-party and home-grown solutions. Have experience defining customer segmentation based on data models and ability to align the segments to business rules and programs. Experience collecting/interpreting data from a variety of business platforms to optimize the customer experience and drive testing and optimization of the customer experience based on programs.
- Performer. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and comfortable navigating enterprise-scale product and engineering environments. Collaborates effectively with cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Problem Solver. Self-motivated, dynamic, strategic and results-oriented. Strong decision-making and prioritization skills. Strong people management skills and fanatical attention to detail.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.