Read more at ibtimes.co.in
Apple's latest software update of iOS 12 has introduced some new features to iPhones. It includes screen time
, siri shortcuts
for iPhone X, improved security, and also includes privacy protection features. The size of the new iOS 12 varies ranging from 1.37 GB for iPhone 6
to 1.65 GB for iPhone X
Following are the steps involved for installing the latest update:-a.) Via OTA (Over the Air):
Settings > General > Software Updateb.) Via iTunes:
- Back up your respective device with iCloud
- Start iTunes either on your MAC or PC
- Click on About and check for any updates
- Connect your respective device
- Click on either your iPhone, iPad or iPod in the top left navigation
- Than go to check for update button
- When the update gets recognised click on Download and Update
- Finally unlock, your device with the passcode and download the upgrade
iPhones Eligible for iOS 12 Update:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 plus
- iPhone X
iPads Eligible for iOS 12 Update:
- iPad mini (2 Gen)
- iPad mini (3 Gen)
- iPad Mini (4 Gen)
- iPad (5th Gen)
- iPad (6th Gen)
- iPad Air (1st Gen)
- iPad Air (2nd Gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (1st Gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd Gen)
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch (1St Gen)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch (1st Gen)
Key Features of iOS 12:
- Performance Improvements: With the new update the devices are expected to perform better and faster.
- Privacy and Security: Apple has made it's services compliant to European Union's GDPR act. Also Safari now comes with a simplified system information in order to prevent social media platforms to track users on the basis of system configuration.
- Group Facetime: With the new update you can group facetime up to 32 people at the same time.
- Siri Shortcuts: The new update will enable virtual assistant Siri to deliver a new and a much faster way to get the things done.
- Screen Time: Users will now be able to track their activities on their devices with details regarding the most used apps and also the time spent on it during the entire day.
- New Notifications Options: With the new update users can now instantly manage notifications. It can either be delivered quietly or can be turned off completely.
- New Photo Share: The new update brings a 'For You' Tab in which you can place your favourite moments under one roof which will include Memories and also iCloud shared albums.
- Apple Books replaces iBooks: The new update replaces iBook with Apple books and it also includes new features like Audiobooks, The Library, Reading Now and Apple India Press Kit.
- Memoji: With the new update, Apple is all set to bring in cool interactive feature which is named as 'Memoji'. It will basically allow iPhone X users to create a custom caricature of their self.