SEO Read more at forbes.com
search practices seem to be intricate in response to new customer trends and technologies which change the way we search. You can boost your search engine ranking by knowing which keywords are your target audience looking for.
TYPES OF SEARCH INTENT?
- INFORMATIONAL: Informational intent basically refers to users who search for something in order to gather information.
- NAVIGATIONAL: This intent refers to users who conduct a search with the attempt to reach a specific website.
- TRANSACTIONAL: Transactional intent refers to users who are searching with the goal of making a purchase.
- COMMERCIAL INVESTIGATION: This refers to users who plan on shopping soon but are not yet ready to complete a transaction.
HOW CAN I OPTIMIZE FOR SEARCH INTENT?
- UNDERSTAND USER PERONAS
You need to understand the multitude of personans who visit your website and you need to vary your content that willappeal to a variety oftypes of search queries.
- OPTIMIZE META DESCRIPTIONS
Meta description if optimized properly can provide with valuable context clues to both searchers and search engines alike.
- MODIFY YOUR CALLS TO ACTION
You need to determine the ideal path that users with each intent should take on your website and you should adjust your CTA's accordingly in order to increase your conversions.
- CONDUCT A CONTENT GAP ANALYSIS
This involves identifying the goals, needs and questions of your target consumer base and also comparing them to your business's content with the a view to fill the gaps on your website.